Apex Archery

Native heat seeker sharft

Hi guys.* My son and I want to change to a Native Heat Seeker shaft, because we* want to move to using an outsert. The collars and outserts will way 60 gr. We are both* shooting Bowtechs. One at 65 pound, the other 70 pound. Both 28in draw length.* We would like to use the same spine shaft.* We are thinking* of the 300 spine, with a head of 125gr and outsert of 60 gr = 185.
    Total arrow weight being 532.4. With a FOC of 11%
    We are currently* using* Pile Driver Hunters 350 spine with 145 gr Tusker Javelins. Total weight 508.6.
    What do you guys think?* Any advice would be much appreciated.*

Kind regards*

Darryl and Joel Alietti
    Are both of you using a release aid? The cam type of the bow can change the spine of the arrow you should use aswell..
    E.g the 350 fps + bows can require stiffer arrows..
    The 300 spine sounds pretty much spot on for most common bows these days..

Native heat seeker sharft

If you do get them a review of their new collar + half-sert system would be nice as their info on the webpage is pretty limited.

Got to say their carbon is nice and strong, a bit high in the gpi for my personal taste, I've switched to 300 spine victory tko's with higher foc and same overall arrow weight.

I've still got 6/12 native 350 spine arrows kicking about which shoot nicely for my backup bow, Using different inserts now as I bent most of their old style stainless half-serts .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Sounds pretty good to me, as previously mentioned if your #70 is under 340fps then you should be OK with that weight up front, your 70 may need a stiffer shaft, Im very critical to the point of being obnoxious when it comes to archery gear especially, but Darryl has a pretty good shaft system there at an affordable price.
    I shot piledrivers for many years but moved to Gold tip as they were a stronger shaft (I stump shoot alot on my place with both compound and trad and used to end up with the insert pushed up inside the shaft with cx pd's) and also I have some widowmaker smash shafts here that I'm really liking atm and are hard to break and have an outsert too.
    Maybe order order a dozen in 300 for the 65 pound and try them on your 70 before committing to the 300 spine, reckon 250s might be the go
    Good luck
    Last edited by Rhino1; 19th February 2019 at 06:24 PM.
    Yes, we are both using release aids.
    Bows are 65 pound reign 6 & 70 pound Insanity.
    We want to try the two blade Widow maker heads. We are thinking 125 gr. If we need to up the foc we might try using a heavier head. The next weight broad head in widowmakers range is 175 gr .
    Making our total arrow weight 582.4gr and 14.1% FOC.
    Not sure if it's a bit on the heavy side.
    What total weights are other guys using ?
    I have seen the collar + half-sert system in person and had a shot with them. They look good and seem strong. And they still pull out of targets alright