Arrowhead Magazine

Thread: Reed calls

Reed calls

Anyone used a Reed call like a cow elk call on reds/Fallow? I imagine it could work on reds but Iíd be interested to know if anyone has tried it on Fallow too.
    Cheers,
    Liam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    West Australian Bowhunter
    I used a hoochie mumma elk call to score this one in early may 946724116032.jpg.
    If you purchase a knight and hale pig grunt reed call it can be used to replicate a fallow buck croak pretty darn spot on with a bit of practice.
    Cheers Ryan
    I've hunted with a few blokes that insist on mewing like the dickens every time they spook a deer, don't do that. Knowing what call to use at what time is 90% of it

Reed calls

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    I've hunted with a few blokes that insist on mewing like the dickens every time they spook a deer, don't do that. Knowing what call to use at what time is 90% of it
    Roger that, yeah itís a hard one to learn when to make what noise over here in WA, the numbers just arenít there. I think Iíll mainly stick to the silent approach, figured the reed calls would work on reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    West Australian Bowhunter
    Tricky to find a reed that has that deeper tone that reds make. Elk cow calls seem a little bit high. I'd be interested if anyone has found a reed that achieves this.
    Cheers Bruce