TUSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Travel insurance for hunting in new zealand

Hi guys
    Im heading to stewart island in NZed next month and I'm having trouble finding an insurance company that covers hunters.
    If someone has any recommendations I'd d appreciate it.

Cheers Dan
    Stalker stickbow coyote schleyer classic
    Elite energy 35
    Impulse 34
    What sort of insurance are you after?
    If you want to insure belongings and travel expenses (cancelled flights ect...) then any insurance should be fine.
    NZ have pretty amazing healthcare. Providing the incident was an accident you're covered. Its called the ACC, worth knowing about. Any evac, healthcare or even physio is covered providing it was an accident that caused the injury. The catch for the tourist is that you are only covered whilst in NZ. When you come back to Oz you're out of pocket for any required physio, follow up apps ect..

What specifically do you need covered for hunting that you wouldn't in another situation?

Matt
    p.s. i'm very jealous. I've been there twice before I started hunting. The is a wildness to that place that is hard to find anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wightamus View Post
    What sort of insurance are you after?
    If you want to insure belongings and travel expenses (cancelled flights ect...) then any insurance should be fine.
    NZ have pretty amazing healthcare. Providing the incident was an accident you're covered. Its called the ACC, worth knowing about. Any evac, healthcare or even physio is covered providing it was an accident that caused the injury. The catch for the tourist is that you are only covered whilst in NZ. When you come back to Oz you're out of pocket for any required physio, follow up apps ect..

What specifically do you need covered for hunting that you wouldn't in another situation?

Matt
    Im mainly looking for insurance that will cover me if for what ever reason i need to be airlifted out due to illnes or injury. From what I've found so far if anything happens and your hunting your not covered with all the insurance companies I've checked. They cover everything else like bush walking etc just not hunting.
    Cheers Dan
    Elite energy 35
    Impulse 34
    You can't just make an agreement with your mates to throw your bow in the bushes when the ambo's come? That was the deal we had when rockclimbing in the US. First action after called emergency services was to strip the climber of all climbing gear. Fortunately it never came to that.

Check with the ACC. I'm pretty sure you'll find airlifts are free. They'll just ask for a donation. Illness and injury would come under accidental so you won't have to pay.
    I would put it in the too hard basket Dan and pull the pin on the trip, I am free and will give you a couple of bob for your tickets. :)
    I would put it in the too hard basket Dan and pull the pin on the trip, I am free and will give you a couple of bob for your tickets. :)
    travel insurance direct (TID) covers hunting. i have used them for NZ and Canada. cheap too.

here's a link to their pages that has an A-Z list of sports and activities that they cover-
    https://www.travelinsurancedirect.co...and-activities
    The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

Border Black Douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
    brigalow selfbow with rawhide string
    travel insurance direct (TID) covers hunting. i have used them for NZ and Canada. cheap too.

here's a link to their pages that has an A-Z list of sports and activities that they cover-
    https://www.travelinsurancedirect.co...and-activities
    The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

Border Black Douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
    brigalow selfbow with rawhide string
    Quote Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
    Hahaha Nice try, thanks for your offer. But i think I'll have to pass.
    Elite energy 35
    Impulse 34
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast