TUSX

2019 Fallow deer rut.

Planning to get out and chase some bucks in April. Not very optimistic about this year's rut but will give it a red hot go.
    Anyone else going after these majestic creatures?

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    Iím heading down to the Snowy Mountains area second week of April... Its always great just to be there...!!
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

Hunt hard and often...

Prime Logic @ 81#
    Hoyt Pro Defiant @ 73#
    Easton N-Fused & Full Metal Jacket
    Helix Broadheads
    I’ll be chasing them over in WA again... Gone home empty handed 3 years running now. Got to work hard for every single opportunity over here, but hey ifnit was easy everyone would be doing it.
    West Australian Bowhunter
    Unfortunately won't be pursuing them as hard as I normally would but I'll be getting out when I can.. Very dry conditions but the deer still seem to be in good condition still.
    Good to luck to everyone.
    I've been doing the pre rut scouting rounds on a new block I have access to, seen the odd buck here and there, not sure if I'll be out while the rut peaks.
    Had plenty of cameras out and been piling up windrows 30-40 metres off any scrape areas and trying to clear leaves and sticks off my access trails. Bit different from years of chasing red deer but having a crack at these little fellas all the same.
    Good luck for the 2019 rut gentlemen, whatever it is you're chasing.
    Last edited by Rhino1; 23rd March 2019 at 11:05 PM.

2019 Fallow deer rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyndsie View Post
    Iím heading down to the Snowy Mountains area second week of April... Its always great just to be there...!!
    Good luck mate, hope you get one!

The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

2019 Fallow deer rut.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRANG View Post
    Iíll be chasing them over in WA again... Gone home empty handed 3 years running now. Got to work hard for every single opportunity over here, but hey ifnit was easy everyone would be doing it.
    4th time lucky mate! All the best.

2019 Fallow deer rut.

Quote Originally Posted by A_MCCULLOCH View Post
    Unfortunately won't be pursuing them as hard as I normally would but I'll be getting out when I can.. Very dry conditions but the deer still seem to be in good condition still.
    Good to luck to everyone.
    Yep surprised how good they look, saw one eating prickly pear pads recently. Good luck!

2019 Fallow deer rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    I've been doing the pre rut scouting rounds on a new block I have access to, seen the odd buck here and there, not sure if I'll be out while the rut peaks.
    Had plenty of cameras out and been piling up windrows 30-40 metres off any scrape areas and trying to clear leaves and sticks off my access trails. Bit different from years of chasing red deer but having a crack at these little fellas all the same.
    Good luck for the 2019 rut gentlemen, whatever it is you're chasing.
    Good stuff mate, good preparation equals good results.

Be getting out a bit..but things are still crook up.my way....thinking it may be a hard task this year....gotta give it a go but
    hunting the new england