Apex Archery

Thread: Bowfishing Qld

Bowfishing Qld

Hi everyone, I have got a trip later this year up to QLD (from VIC) and was just wondering what the go was for bowfishing?. Just wondering what the requirements are? And if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks In Advance
    Super "grey" area laws wise, after asking a Copper mate and digging though QLD fishing laws:

Basically treat it like spearfishing laws (be 50m from boat ramps/ jettys etc)
    BUT add on public awareness (pussys that will call the police because everything is threatening.)
    and to mix it up, all the normal fishing laws count too (size limits, bag limits etc)

plus bonus round, Police officer thats had a ****ty day.
    Live Forever Or Die Trying.

Post ...

Super "grey" area laws wise, after asking a Copper mate and digging though QLD fishing laws:

Basically treat it like spearfishing laws (be 50m from boat ramps/ jettys etc)
    BUT add on public awareness (pussys that will call the police because everything is threatening.)
    and to mix it up, all the normal fishing laws count too (size limits, bag limits etc)

plus bonus round, Police officer thats had a ****ty day.
    Live Forever Or Die Trying.
    as what cox said its legal in any waterway spearfishing is, no fishing licence required in qld.
    heres a link to all the closed systems https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/business-...s/waters-tidal
    Thanks for the info guys
    As what Coxy and Yowie have said! You have to be very aware of the general public though as suggested! If 1 Snowflake calls the cops they can come and disrupt your bowfishing trip and even arrest you with going armed in public...it will get thrown out in court, but still an inconvenience!

Where about are you thinking of going? I'm on the Gold Coast but bowfish in the Tweed... mainly for Stingrays....call me if you need someone to help, I've got my 14ft Tinny set-up for bowfishing…you just need a NSW Fishing Licence which you get via the net and not expensive..

Cheers,

Mick

PS...this goes for anyone else interested also!
    Last edited by assassin; 9th May 2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965