Apex Archery

Thread: Drone Hunting

Drone Hunting

I've recently got a drone, and very impressed with the quality and the photographic quality, 4k video and 1080p pics, but just wondering if anyone has used one in a hunting application. Apart from being able to scout out game from afar, has anyone had any real experience. I've used it with livestock, from about 30 metres above, and they didn't appear to be too spooked by it. Apologies if this has been asked before...cheers...
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    Drone hunting.....best done with a 12g...lol

Drone Hunting

Flu-flu arrows?
    In seriousness tho, can't use in state forests while hunting. Has to be in visual range of you at all times, can't fly over 120m high, can't fly within 30m of anyone else..
    Pretty limited...
    Maybe useful to spook game towards you on private but that's about it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Hey johnno, I have the mavic pro. Great for filming and scouting. The biggest down fall for hunting is the noise. Most animals fear anything from above ,as its most likely a predator. Even cows , stock horses and tame farm animals will run for cover. The other down fall is that you use your phone to get a visual on were you are going . In the small screen you will not be able to pick out game you are looking for,even cows look like tiny pinpricks. You will see white goats well ,as they stand out . But darker animals blend in too well.
    Most drones have a flight time of about 30mins, so you need spare batteries or some way to charge them up. So more gear to take out with you . But they are really fun to fly and the photos and videos are well worth it .

Good luck Chris
    Cheers Chris - I have the Mavic Air - great bit of kit - I also use my Ipad Mini 4 as my viewer which fits into the controller perfectly and much better visuals than a phone. Also got 3 spare batteries and average about 15 minutes each and you can cover a lot of ground in that time. BTW I don't fly over state forests and I am fully aware of CASA limitations - and I agree the photos and vids and worth it - PM me for a chat - Cheers.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    One of my mates brings one to a property we hunt twice a year, amazing piece of machinery, he flys them for a living in the army so is pretty good with it. It has no problem picking up game, deer, pigs and goats but everything that hears it takes off for the hills and doesn't come out for a couple of days. He sent it over a mountain we had been thinking of climbing to see what was on the other side, over 3km, without any problems, nothing interesting on the other side so it saved us a climb.