Ozcut Broadheads
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Death of a forum

Gentleman.... And ladies, Is there alternative forum or website you use?

The last 2 years I've seen the traffic here die in the butt. like the flames of a old camp fire, The coals barely glow.

I miss the jokes and stories and good old banter from Assassin, Disco Stu and Captain plus all the other "old" lads that names escape me in this rant.

I can only wonder if we are a dying breed or people have moved onto something better.

Do we need a new movie or TV show to inspire us to pick up the stick and string?

Or are you all hiding on a different forum I just don't know about! (is there a secret handshake?)

Cheers Lads,
    Coxy.
    Live Forever Or Die Trying.
    Hey Coxy,
    Nah mate not that I know of. The main reason is we mostly can't access the page or when we do, can't login. this is the 1st time I've been able to even read anything on here in many months! Even the only moderator we have left can't access the site!

I've have tried to get it fixed thru every way I can think of...but it's still ****e!

I really miss it too!

Cheers all,

Assassin
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    I've posted 2 things in the last 4 weeks and funny thing is both have had over 1000 views in the first 48 hours, which tells me there is definitely a demand for a decent forum, if I had the spare cash atm would do something up tomorrow but then again I'm a chit kunt when it comes to being reliable, so probably not the best candidate for it.
    To be frank it's really frustrating that this stuff drag on so long Antonio needs to hand things over or get off his jaxy and do something. If it was a matter of cost there would be people here happy to contribute. Instagram is the new way to share less with lots of "look at me" for some blokes. But it's no forum to bounce ideas or share experience. For others for sure they are well worth following. The Ozbow trad site needs more hunters to be interesting. A solution for the ABF has been too long coming and at some point excuses are the bridge to medocraty. Even the original owner of the site Luke tried to come back and revive things with a few stories. No doubt a disappointing experience for someone who handed over the torch. A number of people have launched notoriety and businesses with the help of this site because it has been an awesome platform and shame to have witnessed its demise. A shame most of the Trophy Takers fellas have also left here they were good for a story as well
    Last edited by Brooster; 9th May 2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    To be frank it's really frustrating that this stuff drag on so long Antonio needs to hand things over or get off his jaxy and do something. If it was a matter of cost there would be people here happy to contribute. Instagram is the new way to share less with lots of "look at me" for some blokes. But it's no forum to bounce ideas or share experience. For others for sure they are well worth following. The Ozbow trad site needs more hunters to be interesting. A solution for the ABF has been too long coming and at some point excuses are the bridge to medocraty. Even the original owner of the site Luke tried to come back and revive things with a few stories. No doubt a disappointing experience for someone who handed over the torch. A number of people have launched notoriety and businesses with the help of this site because it has been an awesome platform and shame to have witnessed its demise. A shame most of the Trophy Takers fellas have also left here they were good for a story as well
    Yeah Bruce & Rhino, there are a few members on here from the old days that could (and would) take it over. The main thing that seems to be preventing this from happening is the inability of Ant to get the required passwords/clearance needed from Marcus Annear...apparently.

I have spoken personally to Ant over the phone, and txt, about the crap that is going on for ages now several times. I arranged for Shifty to pay a visit to Urban Archery which resulted in Marcus contacting Antonio and promising to help sort this crap out... I arranged for another bloke (who was formerly sponsored by Urban) to make some phone calls about this....not 1 was returned. I called in a favour from another "character" to visit the shop....but he was told that Marcus wasn't there, but would call him ASAP when he returned! Again nothing!

I honestly don't know what else we can do as a brotherhood (with Sisters!). That is what I miss most about this once great forum...the Friendships and Experiences shared!
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    ADA qualified measurer

I have managed to find a back door entry to this site that is working for today (and as any of you that know me, know that I'm fond of a back entry into something...other than myself!?!). Who knows how long for.

But even to get access still takes me several attempts with my anti-virus/spyware going off its nut!

Making the previous post I was logged out twice, and then got the "Error" message...but it was still eventually posted. That is why we don't have many interesting posts anymore. Most can't access the site anymore without first spending a lot of time and effort doing so!

I would have loved to be able to attend the hunt organized by Rhino at Millani..but knew noting of it.

Cheers,

Mick

ADA qualified measurer

Yep, a sad demise. I left for a break to take a deep breath only to come back to find I couldn't get in to site for months, but for some reason I can today. AV still says this is a dodgy site. It would be great to see it up and running again, I learnt a lot from this forum, and am no fan of todays main stream social media
    If you don't do it, you won't do it, and if at first you don't succeed, it's more than likely because you're crap at it.

Death of a forum

I'll say it again.
    Tapatalk and a VPN.
    No virus or redirect issues. May require a few server hops on the VPN but 100% connectivity using this work around for me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    I'll say it again.
    Tapatalk and a VPN.
    No virus or redirect issues. May require a few server hops on the VPN but 100% connectivity using this work around for me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Yup works for me too.

The most annoying part is that its such a simple fix. If Marcus would give Ant the passwords it is just a matter of cleaning it up. I am guessing that the *Other Forum* is using the same database and that this is just a sub forum running off the main one is why getting the password is being a pain in that ass. If it is a stand alone that we are using then there is no ****ing excuse for the current state of it. So Sad.
    Remus Parish a.k.a Serum76
    http://southwestbowmen.com

‎"You hunt?, Killing animals is wrong!" she says as she sits across the table eating lightly grilled snapper in lemon butter sauce. Tell me darling, how does your hypocrisy taste?
    First time I've been able to post in months and months

How are you all
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast