Apex Archery

Broadhead for Cape York.

Trying to decide between Broadheads for hunting boars in the Cape. What heads are guys taking up there this year?

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    Mate, I've been running the 2 blade vpa's and ozcuts for years they are quite unstoppable. Just giving the 3 bladers (ozcuts) a run at the minute in 125 and they seem like they will pretty much smash through whatever gets in there way.
    2019 mathews vertix
    Trophy taker Smackdown pro
    Im taking a heap of the Kayuga heads up there, as well as all the other left overs I have in my kit. See ya there

Randal
    Single bevel outback supremes for me and I've got some pilot cut single bevel heads to give a go as well. I probably get more caught up with trying to get an arrow that hits the 500 grain or heavier kind of mark. Nothing worse than seeing a light arrow fail to penetrate.
    Cheers Bruce
    Last edited by Brooster; 9th June 2019 at 11:34 AM.

Broadhead for Cape York.

Sharp ones- I prefer 150gr - with 75 gr inserts - so about 225gr up front - ill also be running single bevel - about 600gr all up out of my FT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55

Broadhead for Cape York.

Thanks fellas, I have been using 4 blade Slick tricks the last couple of years. They are great on deer and smaller pigs but not sure how they will go on bigger boars. Leaning towards a 2 blade head. Shooting lighter poundage bow 60lb at 28.5 inches. So was thinking about old school kayuga or outback stealth.

The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

Broadhead for Cape York.

The Van diemens Broadheads look good too, anyone have an opinion on those?

I use 170 northern bull dozer, cape boars are usually not that big in body size but sticking to a two blade head is the way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    The Van diemens Broadheads look good too, anyone have an opinion on those?

I like the van deimans there a tough little head, get them really sharp with a fine diamond stone then some cutting compound.
    Im using the 150s out of my recurve and they haven't let me down yet when I put them in the right spot.

Broadhead for Cape York.

I'll be using the 150gr VDs - that'll hopefully infect a pig or two 👍🐗🐗

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55