Ozcut Broadheads

Using sand as a target

Hi Folks, I need a new broad head target as mine is shot out. I was in bed waiting for the sun to come up thinking about the possibility of building 3 very small walls like 3 sides of a large box to contain a heap of sand. I figure maybe half a trailer load or whatever it takes and then just hang a target face in front. Anyone tried something similar?
    Cheers Bruce
    Hi i use a small rubber surf board and cut in half

Using sand as a target

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Hi Folks, I need a new broad head target as mine is shot out. I was in bed waiting for the sun to come up thinking about the possibility of building 3 very small walls like 3 sides of a large box to contain a heap of sand. I figure maybe half a trailer load or whatever it takes and then just hang a target face in front. Anyone tried something similar?
    Cheers Bruce
    Mate 4 el cheapo boogie boards cut in half and tapped together- cheap - light and effective- just make sure you get the all foam without the plastic backing 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    I guess I was thinking set and forget but wasn't sure about friction causing wear on the shaft. I live on a couple of acres and have a few bales set up. I have a cube target that has lasted about 4yrs with measured use to sight in before a trip but a little bigger would be good.
    Cheers Bruce
    I don't think it would do them too much damage but not sure about long term.
    But they go in deeper than you would think.
    I used a pile of sand as a back stop while setting a bow up for a mate, he missed the butt a few times and there is still 2 arrows buried in there somewhere.
    I wouldnt have thought that the really rapid stop of an arrow hitting sand repeatedly couldn't be that good for the shafts......
    If you don't do it, you won't do it, and if at first you don't succeed, it's more than likely because you're crap at it.
    Go the boogie boards Bruce. The sand will rasp away at your arrow. Rgds
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
    Others stay for awhile and leave foot prints on our ass
    and we are never the same.
    Scottyg where have you been mate? How's it going?
    Cheers
    Bruce
    G,day Bruce, keeping a little bit quiet, but still hunting when ever I can. I still come in and have a look around on the forum. Good to see some of the old crew still hanging in there. Cheers to all you bowhuners.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
    Others stay for awhile and leave foot prints on our ass
    and we are never the same.