Arrowhead Magazine

Take down hunting recurve

Looking for my next T/D recurve.
    looking to spend $1200 AUD
    Not super keen ongoing custom.

The main contenders are:
    The bear takedown
    Striker classic TDR - not sure about availability in Australia.
    Predator takedowns

Wondering what opinions you guys have on these?
    particularly on the comparison between the bear and the predator, atm I feel the bear is the safer option because I can go shoot it first to try it out.
    Or if you have any other suggestions.

Cheers fellas. :)
    A black widow psa? Not sure if this would tip be over the budget but you'd find them available as stock. Great bows.

Shot recurves from great plains (swift I think) and it was a cracker. They also have stock bows.

I know people who shoot predators and bears and i dont think you'd be dissapointed with either.
    A guy at my club has recently had to send back first the riser with a fault and then the limbs on his Bear TD. A long time between shots to wait for 2 lots of mail, to be fair Bear were very good about it. Not sure about the limbs but the riser was a workmanship issue.
    Can recommend a Stalker Stickbow my coyote is awesome. Feels nice in hand, shoots an arrow hard, made to shoot off the shelf, doesn't stack is nice and smoothe to draw.
    Cheers Bruce
    Last edited by Brooster; 23rd July 2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Have a look at RMSGear.com and take your pick. All in US dollars but they can and will ship here. Definitely look at the customs second hand as they can be had for a good price. If you think it's hard trying to test out trad gear, try being a lefty trying to test em... just have to commit and hope you get a good one. I've owned a black widow PMAIII and currently still own a Schafer Silvertip and a Big Jim Thunderchild.. all 3 shoot better than I can.
    Schafer Silvertip Recurve 65#
    Predator TD for sale in classifides