TUSX

Thread: Osage selfbow

Osage selfbow

Finished up my Osage selfbow from a stave from a lot of timber I harvested a few years ago.

Pulls ~43# @ 28", a little light but it shoots well so I'm happy.

Shoots GT Trad 340's with 275gr up front well, is dead quiet, and I'm confident out to about 18m so I'll take it on some goat hunts to see if I can get something with it before I start on the next one. I've got some Doug Fir to make up some of my own timber shafts at some stage too.

Steve
    That's some sweet action, looks great and the tiller seems on point, shame it's a little on the low side, most of my self bows end up lower than expected.
    Beautiful timber- got to be happy with that.
    I bet you are happy that looks great
    Well done
    Very nice
    Thanks gents, yes very pleased to get a shooter - but I've just just found a possibly terminal crack on the back of the bottom limb.

Rhino

don't know if you've come across this, but I found it very helpful tillering and I suspect I would have been a lot closer had I used it from the start - http://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index....700#msg2700700. I also built myself a shaving horse which made working with a drawknife and scraper muuuch easier, one of those things I wished I'd built ages ago.

Steve
    double post
    Last edited by flyonline; 31st October 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    No I haven't but that's a clever bit of kit, good share mate.
    Last edited by Rhino1; 1st November 2019 at 05:04 PM.

Osage selfbow

Great job mate, a lot of work and an eye for detail in it too. Looking forward to seeing some billies taken with it.
    Cheers Bruce

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Osage selfbow

How long do youreckon it took from start to finish?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brooster; 3rd November 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Osage selfbow

Great work mate, there's something so beautiful about a no frills Trad bow, absolutely love it. Shame about the crack, hope it's nothing serious.

Jesse.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.