Ozcut Broadheads

Thread: Water buffalo

Water buffalo

People who have successfully taken buff, what is your arrow and broadhead combination and weight? Also what pound bow have you used compound/ recurve? Cheers Darren
    Hi Darren. I have shot three buffalo, but have also taken about 80 scrub bulls mate. My arrow and broadhead combination does not change from my everyday set up. This is and has been for a long time now, Easton Axis 300 spine, northern two blade 125 or 130 grain. I have used heavy bows but usually 70 pound and 29 inch draw. I had pass through with three of the five arrows I shot at the buffalo, and wouldn’t be able to tell you how many on the scrubbas mate. Varying distances obviously but I will happily shoot out to 70 metres. My total arrow weight usually comes in at 515-520 grains type of window. That is plenty. People will prefer to use heavy arrows and hats off to them. I know what I know, and I know that this weight and set up works for me. Cheers.
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

Hunt hard and often...

Prime Logic @ 81#
    Hoyt Pro Defiant @ 73#
    Easton N-Fused & Full Metal Jacket
    Helix Broadheads
    Thanks heaps mate. That’s good to know. I was thinking I might have to up my arrow weight. I’m shooting 80lb with 620 grain arrows so should do the trick then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Thanks heaps mate. That’s good to know. I was thinking I might have to up my arrow weight. I’m shooting 80lb with 620 grain arrows so should do the trick then.
    Haha bloody hell I reckon you could kill any animal in the world with that setup...
    My setup is 70lb at 29” and about 500grains and I don’t think I’d hesitate to use that on anything in Australia
    West Australian Bowhunter