Aussie Hunting Adventures TV
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Arrow rest problems

Hey there every one, firstly liked to say what a great site have been looking around for quite some time and have found a wealth of knowledge on here.
    I purchased a tt smack down pro drop away arrow rest and had it installed on my Hoyt rampage xt. The problem that I am having is that after a dozen or so arrows shot,
    the rest seems to slide down on the elevation adjustment, it's actually the second one that has been on there the first I took back due to this problem. They replaced it and same problem on the second rest.Spoke to the archery shop and
    they suggested to rough the surface up where they slide onto each other, did that and still no success. Has any on had these problems and can suggest a fix as it is very frustrating.
    Mine works fine, can honestly say I haven't heard of this happening and we've sold heaps of them.
    Abbey Archery Shooting Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Welky View Post
    Mine works fine, can honestly say I haven't heard of this happening and we've sold heaps of them.

Thx welky, the guys at my local archery shop can't believe it either, one of them is running one Aswell, it's as if the bottom limb where it is attached has something to do with it. It's really frustrating might change to QAD ultra rest if cant get it sorted. Its a shame cause love the overall features of the smackdown.
    What shop you going to Gobbs? I've started to wonder a bit about some of the local shops (I'm assuming you mean Horsley near wollongong). Turns out as a newby I'm more advanced with a lot of my knowledge than the shop I bought my bow at (after hearing all the advice to buy from a local place where they can help me set it up.........)
    eject, EJECT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disco stu View Post
    What shop you going to Gobbs? I've started to wonder a bit about some of the local shops (I'm assuming you mean Horsley near wollongong). Turns out as a newby I'm more advanced with a lot of my knowledge than the shop I bought my bow at (after hearing all the advice to buy from a local place where they can help me set it up.........)
    Hi there disco stu, not near Wollongong mate, horsley park, I'll have to edit that later. I've always gone to the local archery shop mate haven't had a problem with them, they have been great, as I'm a newbie Aswell, just the bow not hunting.
    hey gobbs where in horsley park are you ive lived there all my life
    Hey ivo, I'm sure you know where I grew up bud
    Hello gobs,
    When you have it set on ur riser, did you do up the little grub screw? The only other thing it could be if your still having the problem is your knocking poing might be loose & moving on you, I had the serving come undone & a collaboration of the D loop & knock in point, which was coused by the serving, I would start doubting the rest and see what els could be causing it as that rest is a pretty good one.
    Hope it helps.
    Anthony.C
    Mine is running with the cord down to the bottom limb clamp just as my old one did.
    Abbey Archery Shooting Team
    Its not very likely you have gotten 2 faulty rests in a row when most people are very happy with them.

If I was to hazard a guess, with out seeing it, I would be wondering if the lanyard was yanking on it too hard....perhaps your limbs have a little bit of over travel forward on the shot, which is yanking down on your rest.

Could you introduce something into you lanyard system with stretchy properties, like an extension spring or stretchy "O" ring or small bungy cord, that will operate the rest but give a little if over travel occurs
    I make Outback Broadheads and here is my website.
    http://outbackbroadheads.com.au/

My website has a shopping basket which accepts Pay Pal and credit card payments
    Email broadhead enquiries to woody@ncable.net.au
    I don't check my PM's very often, it's best if you use the above email address to contact me.

Thought for the week......
    Go hunting today........like there may not be a tomorrow...........
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast