Arrowhead Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Great article.
    I have tried to tune my bow as best i can. It is a hoyt turbo spyder at 70# with 30" draw.
    Field tips are nearly perfect out to 80m but strap on a bh and at 30m its 8" right. If u have any ideas it would help. Have already had a few ppl look at it and noone can make it shoot better.
  2. Hoythunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,174
    #22
    Have you broadhead tunned the bow? What vanes are you using?
  3. BenVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cobar NSW
    Posts
    1,172
    #23

    Super Tune Your Hunting Rig

    Also what b/h are you using
  4. #24
    I am using 125 gr 2 blades. Field points are good bh go right 8" at 40mts. When i move the rest to compensate the bh are good but the field tips go 8" left. Have tried yoke tune, no success. Bs tune has the same result as bh. Have had a few more experienced friends try to shoot it with the same result. Have no idea and have tried almost everything. Am running 4 four inch veins with good helicoil
    Last edited by Ghostrider1; 4th January 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Forgot info
  5. #25
    Simple,If your bow is tuned so field points and broad heads hit the same point then there is a compromise in most cases.
    Tune your bow for broad heads only when hunting.
    Target points and broad heads are different.So long as you obtain perfect arrow flight who cares where the field points hit.
    BY the way I don't own any type of field,target or practise points.
    Last edited by captain; 4th January 2014 at 06:47 PM.
  6. #26
    Thank you. I was primarly concerned that bcause i could not tune the two to hit a simulat point that it meant the bow or i was defective.
  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider1 View Post
    Thank you. I was primarly concerned that bcause i could not tune the two to hit a simulat point that it meant the bow or i was defective.
    If you tune your bow for filed points then shoot a broad head that hits different,then you tune to bring the broad head on target with the field point then the field point tune has simply gone ass up.There is only one thing to remember is PERFECT ARROW FLIGHT.
    like I said before,If you tune your bow so both field points and broad heads hit the same place then there is a compromise in your bows tuning.Its only a starting point in the tuning proses.
    Last edited by captain; 7th January 2014 at 07:56 PM.
  8. stuie88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    melbourne victoria
    Posts
    575
    #28

    Re: Super Tune Your Hunting Rig

    Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If you tune your bow for filed points then shoot a broad head that hits different,then you tune to bring the broad head on target with the field point then the field point tune has simply gone ass up.There is only one thing to remember is PERFECT ARROW FLIGHT.
    like I said before,If you tune your bow so both field points and broad heads hit the same place then there is a compromise in your bows tuning.Its only a starting point in the tuning proses.
    I have to disagree, I think fletched field points are the most forgiving, so you can get tuned close with them but they will still be hiding some flight irregularities.
    When you adjust timing and yoke tension, from what I understand, it eliminates (or minimizes) lateral and horizontal nock travel during the power stroke, which you don't see until you shoot bare shafts or broadheads.
    Once I have done a creep and yoke tune with both BS and BH my field points fly better than ever.

    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk


    Hoyt Vector turbo 70# @28.5"
    Axcel Accutouch
    B-Stinger pro-hunter 12"
    Widowmaker Smash 300 + Northern Grunt 125
    Carter Chocolate Addiction


    WTB: more time to use it

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie88 View Post
    I have to disagree, I think fletched field points are the most forgiving, so you can get tuned close with them but they will still be hiding some flight irregularities.
    When you adjust timing and yoke tension, from what I understand, it eliminates (or minimizes) lateral and horizontal nock travel during the power stroke, which you don't see until you shoot bare shafts or broadheads.
    Once I have done a creep and yoke tune with both BS and BH my field points fly better than ever.


    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Easton tuning guide states that having your field points and Broardheads hitting the same place is ONLY a starting point in the tuning process
  10. stuie88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    melbourne victoria
    Posts
    575
    #30

    Re: Super Tune Your Hunting Rig

    Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Easton tuning guide states that having your field points and Broardheads hitting the same place is ONLY a starting point in the tuning process
    Yeah as I said I don't only broadhead tune, but I was meaning that I don't agree that tuning broad heads to the same point sends your field point tune up the river.
    I don't think it's compromising on arrow flight, I think each step gets it a little bit closer to spot on.
    If you tune your BH's to hit the same my opinion is that your field point tune has improved, not become worse as a compromise

    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk


    Hoyt Vector turbo 70# @28.5"
    Axcel Accutouch
    B-Stinger pro-hunter 12"
    Widowmaker Smash 300 + Northern Grunt 125
    Carter Chocolate Addiction


    WTB: more time to use it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •